8.04.2009

Patience

So, this summer has been a huge roller coaster for me. Just one thing after the other! Everyday it was something new, something else that tested my patience! It made me realize how much patience I really don't have. I mean, who would have patience after everything that has happened to me. Not having enough money to go back to school, possibly loosing my financial aid, work problems, home problems, etc. Any normal person would be completely stressed, and loose all patience they had, right?....RIGHT?!

Ok, maybe I have been overreacting a little, but I have every right to....ok I guess i really don't but I was sooooo scared!!! Sunday I realized how stupid I was being, and how I need to put all my trust in God, no matter what happens with school!

Yay...story time!!!....

Well Sunday night, my youth pastor called me off the stage, and him and his wife prayed for me. While they were praying for me, I felt a huge sense of peace, and joy....joy I haven't felt in a really long time! My youth pastor's wife told me that even if I have to leave Lee for a semester to get more money, that everything would be ok, as long as I keep putting God first. He will not let anything happen to me that I can't handle.

Moral of this story, I'm not scared anymore. I'm not saying I'm not going back to Lee in two weeks, or that I'm giving up on it, but I am saying that I'm putting all my trust in God. If it is his will for me to go back, then I will, and if it's not, I have complete peace about it. Whatever happens, I know everything will work out! I'm not scared anymore!

I still have not found out if I can go back to Lee or not, and might not even find out til move in day, but I have done my part. Whatever happens now is not up to me. I have so much peace about it though, and whatever happens, happens. I'm done crying about it, and I'm done stressing about it. God has it in control, and I'm glad I finally realized that!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you have such faith!
    I'll still love you no matter what your decision is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Courtney!!

    It seems like patience is something that a lot of us have had to learn this summer.. Funny how we can all be hundreds of miles apart and still be learning some of the same lessons!

    I was actually just listening to the song "Second Chance" by Hillsong, and some of the lyrics go right along with this:
    "So I wait upon You now with my hands released to You
    Where a little faith’s enough to see mountains lift and move
    And I wait upon You now dedicated to Your will
    To this love that will remain , a love that never fails."

    I'll be praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete